Verto Insula
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verto Insula

------------------

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Picking up some pieces...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Espen

Espen

Character sheet
Character Name: Espen "Kampestein-Av-Rullende-Lyn" Tolpin
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Get of Fenris

Picking up some pieces... Empty
PostSubject: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2011 8:33 pm

The large gray crinos, Espen, can be seen walking into the forest in the morning. He returns a hour later with two large stones, about the size of basketballs and quite smooth. He takes one and breaks it in half. He examines the pieces for a moment then breaks one half into smaller pieces. Looking slightly disappointed, he goes through them again, brightening up slightly. He then joyfully breaks the other half the same way. Taking some of the smaller stone pieces he starts to rub them on the untouched rock in a certain pattern, putting them in his pocket as he continues.

Espen then takes his long sleeved shirt and begins to cut it into pieces. He takes a rather large piece and begins to cut small holes into it. Using strips from the rest of the fabric he begins threading it all together. His finished product is a small cloth bag which he begins to put the other small stones he disregarded before. He then cuts another cloth into an odd shape with two thin ends and a wide middle. After this, he putts his knife away and shoves the rest of the things into his pocket, tying the sack to his belt loop.

The time now being the afternoon, Espen moves toward some of the fallen palms. He searches for long branches, cutting the leaves off and collecting them. When he has around eight, he moves back to his spot from before, pulling out his knife and cutting off the sharp edges and whitling the tips smooth. A couple hours later after these are all complete, he takes out the scraps of his shirt and cuts long pieces from it, wrapping them tightly around key points of the bundle of palm branches and tighing them off. Once finished, he bends it to see it's strength and flexibility. He then gets up and grabs a vine. He ties the vine to both ends of what seems to be a make shift bow. He pulls it back for a moment feeling it's taught, then stops and lets it slowly back into place. He pulls off the vine and stares at it for a moment.

"This won't work..." He mutters to himself and then stops to think. He sits and ponders for a few moments. He eyes then open and he gets up abruptly. He walks to the nearest kinfolk.

"Do the intestines of the boar remain? Did everyone eat them?"

The kinfolk replied as a negative. Espen hurries quickly to the leaving of the beast, taking the leaves of the palms he had cut and placing them on the ground. He grabs the ropy innards and places them on the leaves quickly and gently, before pulling them over to the main housing area. He then gathers sticks and branches from the forest and brings them to his grizzly treasure. He then makes a rack from the sticks and his remaining cloth. He puts the intestines on these, spreading them out and making sure the sun hits them just right.

"Yes... This will do."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Alpha (ST)
Alpha (ST)
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Jim Taki
Auspice: -N/A-
Tribe: -N/A-

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 2:24 pm

(OOC: This scene is happening where the group stored the meat. You notice Espen walk up and take a large portion of what is the last of the meat from the boars.
Does anyone have an issue with this? Any questions? Any reaction at all? If so, say so now.)
Back to top Go down
https://vertoinsula.forumotion.com
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet
Character Name: Conall Callaghan
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Fianna

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:30 pm

Conall approaches Espen as he's breaking stones. "Hey lad, mind giving me a few of those chunks of rocks? I've got a couple ideas as to what I can do with 'em" He grinned a bit. "We might be able to fashion axes out of a couple of em, the Kinfolk are being brutally bored to death, so I'm gonna see about gettin some more wood for a few projects... actually...these rocks, where did ya get em from?"
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 7:54 pm

"I found them about thirty minutes in..." Espen replies to the Irishman as he works on his projects. "I was thinking the same when I first started, but it seems they won't break correctly." He explains.

"As for having what I've gathered..." Espen looks to him. "I happen to be using this particular stone to sharpen things. You will have to venture in and find your own. Shouldn't be that hard though..." He states, and then continues to work.
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet
Character Name: Conall Callaghan
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Fianna

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:15 pm

"Well, keep trying then lad" He chuckled a bit. "The faster we can get our hands on some tools, the more equipped we are to handle it...tell me, are you actually able to take down the larger trees with ease?" He motioned towards the thicker trees that he was using for the shelter him and the other Fianna had built. "One of me plans is to expand the shelters a bit to accomodate more room so we're not all huddled together, and then start erectin a wall... no tellin what might be out there right?"
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 9:48 pm

"In my opinion," Espen starts as he continues with his task, "we need to find fresh water first. All our building will be for not when we have to get up and move to a water source." He says calmly.

"Once we reach a place like that, I will help you vigorously with such a notion. Until then however I think we need smaller useful items, easily moveable and accessible." Espen states, then looks up at the Irishman. "I do agree with you ideal, sir. But until then there are other needs that must be filled..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Picking up some pieces...   Picking up some pieces... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Picking up some pieces...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Verto Insula :: IC Threads :: "What the f*** is going on!?!" (General Rumors)-
Jump to: