Verto Insula
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verto Insula

------------------

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3

Go down 
+5
TheBlackWolf
Edward Carpenter
Whispers-to-Spirits
Bakamoichigei
Kanika-Sefu-Badru
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet
Character Name: Sefu
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Silent Striders

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Empty
PostSubject: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:42 pm

At early nightfall, after all initial survival task been accomplished and everybody is ready to relax a little, Sefu asks whoever wishes to approach the camp fire and relax, eat, and talk about everything that is going on.

"First of, let's try to be organized; I know many topics of conversation will come up, so when you want to talk, please first mention what topic are you referring to" (OOC: first line of your reply should be the topic you are referring to)

"Now, let's see, first I would like to thank everybody for their hard work on building shelter, gathering fruit and meat, scouting the area a bit, and attending to the injured. All things which are needed, again, good job everybody. Second, I know this event has put a big change in our hands, and there seem to have been division in groups, everybody thinking about different ways to satisfy survival necessities; they are all valid, but we do need to work as together as a whole. Every group has their fortes and weaknesses, things they are proficient in and things they are not, and everything will be utilized."

"Food, water, shelter, security, and fire. These are basic survival needs."

* "We have some shelter, not the best but it will do for now. I don't know everybody opinion, but I personally think this location is temporary until we can find something better.... "

* "Food: there seems to be plenty of fruit and some animals, so for the time being we are alright. "

* "Water, I hear several options, but everybody seems to have different opinions, and not everybody is listening to everybody else, this I would like everybody who has an opinion to state their ideas and we can see what works best"

* "Fire: as we can see in front of us, in this nicely bonfire, we are good for now"

* "Security: Jacob was already attacked by an un-known being, we do not know if enemy or self defense, but we do know we are not alone. I welcome ideas on this topic as well"

* "Leadership: please, don't hesitate to jump into this one and make assumptions, just listen up for a second. The cept alpha was wise and respected, we can all agree on that, the rest of us are a bit younger and without his vast life ling knowledge, but we are not kids, we can survive this and we can handle ourselves. Working as 3-4-5 individual groups we might survive, but we'll be very disorganized on doing so. If different groups are working on the same thing without knowing it, then we are wasting time and effort when we could combine it and make it faster or focus on other needs. In absent of a cept alpha, and with the fact that we are not a a cearn anymore, there is no cept alpha, so i propose this. Same as we are doing right now, once per night we gather up everybody to discuss what was accomplished in the day and goal for next day. Through the day, the pack alphas and representatives for the packless or groups can meet and overview process"

"There is more I want to discuss, but I think I made my initial point across and I want to hear the opinion of others on the topics in general"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Philia
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet
Character Name: Conall Callaghan
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Fianna

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:00 pm

"Well... first off" Conall spoke up, sitting by his keg. "We cannot rely on just these two shelters alone, while this home is a temporary one at best, we have to take in the consideration we might be crashin here for a while. Plus if we decide to move further in, the kinfolk here might get lost, injured, or worse along the way. We need to still build a few more structures, by my count there's quite a a lot of us and with only two structures, we're a bit cramped, we'll need a couple more, by my count, at least ten should do, not counting any other buildings we might require. I've started a bit of the farm where we cleared some of the area so if we're going to be here for a while, we'll at least have food starting to come in, hopefully in time. We still need a couple things...

Conall cleared his throat as he proceeded to get up, pacing about. "As for water, we still need a source of running water... while me ice chest can do some good, we'll need running water for proper irrigation and what not. Secondly, we should be on the look out for more resources then just food and water, spider silk can be harvested and made into fishing line for example, and these vines are fairly strong and can be used as rope, I found quite a bit of the stuff though about an hour an a half's walk just yonder" He made a motion in the direction he explored in prior. "Where the air was getting moist..."

"As far as other avenues of exploration, I heard talk of a mountain and I'll be going with a few of the others to chart the course" He held up some papers as he said that. "I've had a bit of a hand at art, so I've taken it upon myself to start making a map which is why I ask that anyone finding any significant landmarks lead me to them... plus this way we don't all keep scrounging the same areas over and over looking for whatever we need"

"Now about this talk of security, the trees here are stronger then they seem, I propose that we begin construction of a wall usin 'em so that we can fortify ourselves, lest we get caught with our pants down"
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexandria Courtland
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Children of Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:05 pm

Alexandria checks her bag and purse. "I have a lighter. I'd say that if we need fire in a hurry it is available, but we should preserve it as much as possible. I wouldn't know how to obtain more butane from nature. I still carry around a first aid kit, for those times when I must protect the veil when I heal. I have Mother's Touch for healing any injuries, but if I'm not available, use this until I can get to you."
Back to top Go down
Edward Carpenter

Edward Carpenter

Character sheet
Character Name: Sean Rendall
Tribe: Glass Walkers

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:06 pm

Sefu, while I agree with your idea of a council of sorts, an idea presented by several others as well, I also believe that there should be a sole leader as well, possibly elected from the council. Also, I believe that the 5 points of survival should each be a section of the council, i.e. someone in charge of Food, someone in charge of water, someone in charge of shelter, and so on.

As to the shelter, They will be increased in size and security day by day. For water, if anyone can find me some large round stones about this big around (makes a hoop with his arms to demonstrate) I should be able to fashion a basic still for desalinization. Espen has already begun to fashion weapons for security.
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:12 pm

"Has anyone checked out the Umbra here? If it is safe enough, we should consider patrolling that as well."
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:19 pm

"Conall: can you enlighten us with what is special about your ice chest?"

"Espen: where did you find these rocks you are using? We can explore a bit more and find larger ones. Possibly closer to the mountain." Looks at Conell "I have seen this mountain already, it help me for guidance as it's the largest point of reference I have found so far"

Looks are Sean "yes, i believe this sole leader will be necessary, not it's not an imperative decision to make now; a leader has to prove himself. I know more than one will believe him or herself to fit to be a leader. I, myself, as part of the pack of wondered, we are most likely the ones more use to surviving and being on unknown terrains. Jaboc has demonstrated superior construction skills, Conall seems to have ideas on farming, and so forth; we are all garou and we are all survivals by nature"

"Alexandria, the Umbra is not whatsoever safe. I have tried this route and ended up miles away and severely injured. I am not your alpha and can not tell you what you are or not allowed to do, but I would advice everybody not to step into the other side for now."
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWolf

TheBlackWolf

Character sheet
Character Name:
Auspice:
Tribe:

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 2:51 pm

::he sits off away from the group with a little fire of his own:: ::picks his head up at the sound of the word umbra:: the umbra is not safe at all. There is something very wrong here. There is a mountain close by we should look into as well. ::goes back to his fire and what he was doin::
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:05 pm

"Well lad, tis always full of fresh ice, as to keep me beer cold" He said with a bit of a smirk. "Was given to me by me Uncle Tóla, never a finer brewer there be taught me a good deal about the drink and even inspired me to make my name sake, the Silver Tongue" He spoke proudly. "And about that mountain, we're forgin an expedition to it, me, you, and your pack are goin there within the next day or so an mappin the way over..and as for fire, we can't rely on butane alone, it'll be useful for now, but we should probably keep an eye out for some flint... my pocket knife can provide the steel"
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:24 pm

"Conell, if you chest is always full of ice, then this is what we could do: we can make a large whole in the sand, cover it well enough with palm fronds or large leafs, make mud from sand and water, one layer of that, then leaves again; this all to insulate the area, then put a lot of ice to melt in here, and we ave water... if you chest never runs out of ice, then we got nothing to loose here."

"As far as the mountain, from purely visual assumption, it might take 10 to 14 hours at walking speed to get there one way; it's not that close, and we don't know what other inhabitants live around here. We have witness, something larger than a garou attacked Jacob, he did not get a good look at what was it, but if something can injure and almost kill a garou so easily, we should not take on a long journey without any precautions. Also, by doing this, we would be leaving the encampment with several less people for at least a full day, and this would be just the trip there and back, without any time of exploring. I'm all for doing this, just we need to plan before doing so."
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:48 pm

"Might I offer a suggestion? If any of you have means of communicating across distances, this is a good time to let us know. Also, I think the expedition should be a small but well balanced scouting party, with plenty of us left to defend and tend the camp here. If we can communicate, we can keep tabs on what is going on, and respond to emergencies."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Alpha (ST)
Alpha (ST)
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Jim Taki
Auspice: -N/A-
Tribe: -N/A-

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm

(OOC: @Sefu/Lior Food is actually almost non-existent, there are approximately 40 mouths to feed and the amount brought back by the initial scouting groups would have been divided up and eaten almost immediately, like a drop of water on a hot skillet. Kinfolk and Garou alike are complaining about extreme hunger and at any point you hear more stomachs growling than player characters.)
Back to top Go down
https://vertoinsula.forumotion.com
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 3:56 pm

"me and my pack have the gift of being able to communicate at great distances. We have used this for survival tactics, hunting maneuvers, information gathering, and many other purposes. It works best when we act as a pack. Yes, from time to time we separate, but as a pack we are stronger and we like to stay together. We will assess the situation, and if need be, then 2 will go, and 2 will stay. If so, both parties have the ability of being informed of the occurrences of the other party."

Last edited by Kanika-Sefu-Badru on Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWolf

TheBlackWolf

Character sheet
Character Name:
Auspice:
Tribe:

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Sefu I should be one to go to the mountain since I'm the fastest and the best at traveling over terrain. Maybe you and I or me and anapu. I would also like to suggest that 1 getfenris ::looks at (cheeses character):: and our helicopter buddy there should probably go and have the rest stay behind.
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:21 pm

"Fastest won't exactly be the best, remember I'm going as well so that I might be able to chart the course for others, and mark any noteworthy finds"
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:30 pm

"I understand the need to explore and find more and better supplies, food, and water... Still, we should focus, at least for a little bit, on this conversation about what we already have and the current encampment. I don;t want to dismiss the idea of the expedition, we can still talk about it tonight, I approve of this. But can we please focus on the current situation first?"
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:43 pm

"Conall, have you made any inroads into mapping the immediate vacinity? Does anyone notice any plants that are edible? I know some of us are of a more carnivorous nature, but this could be a good source of food for others. Are there any coconut palms? Does anyone know the poisonous plants we should best avoid? I would speak with spirits to aid us, but that would be difficult without use of the Umbra."
Back to top Go down
TheBlackWolf

TheBlackWolf

Character sheet
Character Name:
Auspice:
Tribe:

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:46 pm

::looks at Conal:: speed not to get there fast cause obviously your making a map as we go. but if say I
Need to carry somebody back cause they are wounded or catching up to an enemy. Or if we need to get back here fast. So yes speed is a very good idea. Plus the fact I can travel over any terrain without hinderance. ::smiles:: ::looks at sefu:: sefu we don't have the resources to sit here and fortify this area. We only have a small supply of food. We wont last here. Also maybe the mountain can provide shelter or
Some answers even. At first light we should set a plan into motion. I think a small group sent scouting towards the mountain and the rest fortify an build up the new location.
There are few coconut Palms but not many talks to spirits.
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 4:57 pm

"I was able to find a few mangos and some strange fruit that looked like a spikey avacado... but that's about it, I hate to say this but I might be forced to rely on the support of others for a bit while I figure out how to forage" He said as he scratched the back of his head. "We can't fortify a new location til we have one though lad, it'd be great if the mountain had some caves though..."
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:00 pm

"Well, we should definitely gather up what foods we can, and consolidate them. I have a shawl to help with picking coconuts. I also have some changes of clothing that may be utilized to bundle up food and supplies. I suggest the scouting party forge ahead. If this is a bad place to camp, we'll follow at a steadier pace, forewarned of dangers or opportune locations by our communications with you. I will make certain all are in good health and able to travel. It may also be an opportune time for the scouting party to keep an eye out for prey. You can always tell us where to find it if we aren't too far off."
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Looking at Alexandria: "Coconut and other fruit has been found already" Points to the side where some can be closed but most already opened and eaten. "meet was also found, but we do not know if the finds of the first day represent what we will find other days."

"The ocean provides fish, has anybody attempted to crate a way to catch fish? fishing rods, nets work good too, spear hunting not that great but still possible."

"the mountain, hmmm, we currently at the camp have barely the essentials we need. Food supplies are not at their best, water concern is not solved, shelter is mediocre at best, we have not addressed the making of tools and started on weapons;.. my brothers and sisters, take a breath and think clear for a second... its only been 1 day we have been here, do we really think we are ready for a long expedition and separate the group? for the traveling crew to survive we will need people with survival skills, but yet again, the encampment needs those too... Not many have voiced their opinions, so I would like to hear from more people before we make a decision which could cost lives. As Shane, the fallen alpha said, Wizdom should help to guide us and not impulse"
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:10 pm

"One of us found some stones, but they're not strong enough to create proper tools, for fishing it's possible to turn spider silk, if harvested delicately, and I emphasize delicately, can be turned into fishing line... and nets can be made of the vines I suppose if done right, but if we're going to fish we should stay close to the beach instead of trying to move camp inland"
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:22 pm

"Sefu, resources appear to be strained here, and it has been pointed out that this may not be an ideal location to make a settlement. We will do what we can, but fortifying a poor location may be a poor choice. We have many mouths to feed and must find more food, whether flora or fauna in origin. Wandering further afield is not to be dismissed lightly either. If the scouting party can take off, they can relay information back to us advising us on possible better locations. I think that should even be the primary purpose for the scouting party, with the Mountain itself as a secondary aim. We will gather together what we can and ensure that we have the ability to travel with it all. Remember that the communication between the two groups keeps us from being completely divided."
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

In a little louder voice, not yelling, but just a bit louder;

"DEATH, is this not anybody is concerned about?? Jacob, a strong garou, was nearly KILLED by some unknown beast in the jungle. Alexandria, you were not here for this, but he can tell you about it, but regardless of this, we do not know what is in this jungle. Yes, we are strong and we are the warriors of Gaia, still, going into a jungle were there could be beasts which nearly killed one of our own so easily, well, this is not something we should do without a plan. I hope after a few times of trying to say this, is this message getting across to your heads?"
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

Conall stood up, being loud himself. "Then make up your damn mind! You want us to find a better spot, yet you don't want us to venture inland? What're we suppose to do? Think pleasant thoughts and fly our arses over to a Motel 6? We either risk going out there and finding a better encampment, or we stay here and build a fort"
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:51 pm

"I have said it many times, venturing in might be a good idea, but going too far in our first expedition might not be the smartest... I wanted to discuss other issues first, like leadership within the group, having a council of alphas discuss issues which would hinder the whole group, but nobody else seems to give a shit about that... so it;s been ignored.. without a solid foundation in any structural society, chaos and anarchy are what remains"

Takes a breath

"A few have ventured into the jungle and lucky been fine; one nearly died. All I'm trying to say is that IF we do anything, we give it a good though before we do it... Every member we loose, is one less skill hands we have as a group to survive"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next