Verto Insula
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Verto Insula

------------------

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3

Go down 
+5
TheBlackWolf
Edward Carpenter
Whispers-to-Spirits
Bakamoichigei
Kanika-Sefu-Badru
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Carl
Beta (AST)
Beta (AST)
Carl

Character sheet
Character Name: Lord Jakob, Ignites-the-Dance
Auspice: Galliard
Tribe: Silver Fangs

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:58 pm

*grumbles a bit and stands looking at the gathered garou, a sheen of anger in his eye...*

We have 3 structures built, one for myself and a few close friends, one for the large mass who prefer sleeping indoors, and a place to gather around where the alpha one stood... This is not much but it gets us by as shelter from the hot sun and a place to relax as we organize. The prospect of moving inward is important, but it must be done in time, not jumping into it the second day we are here... You people are all jumping up and acting like nothing happened, you are still to stuck in the ways of what was, and not what is...

WE ARE STRANDED ON A FUCKING BEACH... We aren't hanging out at a resort, we are stranded right now... I don't know where the fuck we are, and I sure as hell do NOT like the fact I cannot speak to any spirits or walk into the umbra in any form of safety right now. One day, one fucking day here with some minor accomplishments and we've got people who want to walk... *He turns and points at the barely visible mountaintop* two days inward, leaving others here to take care of the kinfolk with scraps of food so sparse that to make the journey you'd need to take your chest and the leftover food with you, forcing those behind to work even harder while you take a stroll through Gaia knows what..

*He takes a deep breath sighing slightly, undoing the bandages on his chest showing massive scars from the healed wounds.*

We aren't safe here, we have barely anything to eat right now. I'm hungry, the kinfolk are hungry, everyone is hungry... We have no leadership, only people bickering between themselves refusing to get organized, refusing to compromise, only claiming they know what's best cuz they think they are the best... Guess what, you aren't. I was beaten to a pulp faster then any of you could kill a fly, and tossed aside like I toss aside a bone, without even the slightest trouble I was nearly turned inside out. And yet you guys want to take a small group, four was the largest I heard, into the forest and risking pissing it off and more then likely getting yourselves killed... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?

Sean spoke his mind on all of us last night after Azim left. Maybe you guys don't care when the alpha spoke in your old caerns, but I sure as hell heard what he said... Even if he was constantly interrupted by someone trying to take blame, which Gaia was on your side glasswalker that he didn't punish you for that, fucking cub... He died for us to live, yeah we're here and we're stranded... But he is dead, the people we knew in the cities are dead... Kinfolk are FUCKING DEAD... And you idiots want to go trotting into the forest, still starving and closing in on dehydration, cuz you can't fucking wait to find out what's on the mountain.

I'm sorry but you are walking to your dooms doing that, and I will not be one bit surprised if within hours of walking we hear your screams and howls before seeing you running back, tails tucked cuz you pissed off someone or something... This is unknown territory people, this isn't the US, this isn't Europe, this isn't Canada... I've travelled those places and their outlying islands. We're somewhere closer to the newzealand area, or some new island formed from the aftermath of that bomb, maybe a chunk of the bahamas or something. But we need to stop this back and forth, stop this randomly running off alone in small groups, and work together.

If we don't get organized soon, whatever is in that forest is going to realize our weakness and strike, and It'll be on the heads of you who were to stubborn and to ego driven to realize you aren't wise enough, hell I'm not wise enough, to lead this place alone and lead without the help of ever garou before me.

*He takes a deep breath pacing a bit*

So... Unless you guys are going to stop this childish bullshit and get down to actually working as a team, discussing the matters at hand, not the future ideas of expansion. I'm gonna go get some damn sleep so I can go hunting to provide for myself, my friends, and what remains of this fucking caern, instead of worrying about a makeshift wall or what's on the goddamn mountain.
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet
Character Name: Sefu
Auspice: Ahroun
Tribe: Silent Striders

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:10 pm

"finally somebody who understand what I'm trying to say"
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Philia
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet
Character Name: Conall Callaghan
Tribe: Fianna

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Conall nodded solemnly. "He's right, if we're to do anything we're going to require a solid start and more knowledge... we can't venture far into the forest lest whatever creature out there defeats us. We'll need to progress slowly then, out bit by bit, so in the meantime, I propose a wall to surround our encampment... if we all work together and pitch in, we should be able to build it quickly before whatever is out there has a chance to strike us... as far as food goes, we'll have to send a party out, a group that can move fast and bring back more then just meat. I believe your pack specializes in quickness as you mentioned" He nodded towards the Stargazer. "You'd have to take something with you to carry a lot of food, and you'd need to bring back enough to feed about forty... one of your pack should remain here though, as to communicate any thing you guys find back to us"
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet
Character Name: Espen "Kampestein-Av-Rullende-Lyn" Tolpin
Tribe: Get of Fenris

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:11 pm

Espen raises his head. "It's not expansion... It's the ideal of movement... We need to get everyone off this beach and somewhere safer where we can better supply ourselves. They think they'll find that on the mountain, and to tell you the truth I'm prepared for the gamble Jacob. How else are we going to feed and water so many mouths. This place will not support us, and if we do not move quickly we will lose half of the people here to starvation and dehydration alone. Not to mention that beast that attacked you. We know there is danger out there but we have to face it and do something or these people will not hold out." Espen pauses for a moment.

"I will go on this mission if the other Ahroun is left here." Espen says to Sefu. "Jacob forgot to mention a certain something about this creature he told me earlier. When he fell from the sky, it was not a beast he landed himself apon. The creature was human." Espen said softly. "I will not leave these people without a strong warrior to protect them. You may use me to find our new settlement if you want but the majority of your pack must stay behind. That is my only term." He finishes once more going silent.
Back to top Go down
Carl
Beta (AST)
Beta (AST)
Carl

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:19 pm

Moving... we're here for one day, invest all our efforts in time to build some minor structures... Use the energy and the food to do that... And you already want to move, make the entire last day's worth of effort a waste, cuz honestly we could have just slept under the stars if you wanted to move so quickly.. Yes, the beach isn't that defendable, but we have the water on one side, thats an entire side we don't need to worry much about, instead of travelling as a group deep into the forest for days, hoping to find a new location, probably taking more days to truly make it worth using, the entire time half of the defense and half of the people we have, are seperated from the other half... Whatever, I'm done... There's a reason I stopped leading and avoid it like the plague... Foolish ahrouns like you who think without their heads.. And No Espen, it wasn't human I said it was humanoid, as in 4 limbs, and it seemed to change but it was all a blur...

And as for the gamble you want to take, here's what you don't get. I'm NOT willing to take that risk, neither would the alpha. You know why? Cuz risking people and garou to chance, wasn't the way things are done... Thats why you are a cliath, you don't know how to do things. Thats why You and your kind FAILED when you attacked the caern years ago, you don't think, you don't plan, you assume and rush ahead "willing to make the risk." You are stupid, just like the ones you ran with when you fell before the caern in your foolish attempt to overtake it... I'd prefer if you didn't infect the garou here with that foolish mindset as well.
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:27 pm

"Guys, c'mon now, we're all frustrated to hell an back, the boy's eager to prove his worth, any garou is, but Jacob here is right" He looked between the two. "Espen, your strength would be better suited to the task of helping build, and before you say it, I know you might want to go out there and fight but while the faster group gathers food... they'll be able to escape should the creature attack and I know as a pack they'll be able to hold their own long enough to escape from said creature... which reminds me, Jacob, how DID you get away with your life intact?"
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 pm

Espen's muzzle starts to twitch, exposing his teeth as a low growl is rolls from his throat. "Now you listen here you little bastard..." He rises to stand moving to his full height of ten and a half feet! "I'll not take your insults of my people... Speak to me this way again and I'll finish the job that creature started you insolent runt..." He growls out his words angrly. "You are a fool if you think we can support these people here! And I call you a coward if you are not willing to brave the wilderness to provide for the hungry stomaches around you! I for one am not willing to sit here and watch us deteriorate to nothing!"
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:35 pm

"Damn it and people still not listening... Espen, how about this, you go on your own and then, when you don;t come back, then maybe the rest will realize that the unknown is not to be taken as a walk in the park. Have fun... This way maybe we loose only 1 to our group and not more, I still rather loose none... It's only been 1 day, we might be a bit hungry, but we can survive.. limited food and water from this ice chest will do for tonight"

"In the morning some will gather more food, meat and fruit alike. Some will focus on shelter and protection. Yes, I know this camp is most likely temporary, but until we find a better suiting one, we stay here. I heard ideas about if we find large rocks we can make a container to boil water, in the morning we'll scout for this idea."

"After at least having basic needs in place, we can think of exploring while still using the wisdom gaia gave 'some of us'..."
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Conall moved to stand between Espen and Jacob, "Espen!" He spoke with a tone of authority. "You calm yourself down right now lest I throw you over my shoulder a second time. If you really want to attack an injured man while he's still recovering then you'll have to go through me to get to him, now -sit-... " He then turned his gaze to Sefu. "an you, there's no need for insults here, it only adds to the tension, you know as well as I do that we need every garou here, and Espen is one of the strongest we got, I think we'd be able to all agree that if anyone has a chance of contending with that beast's strength it'd be him and we'll need him for when we take that thing down eventually"
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Seething with anger at the insults, Espen walks away from the group around the fire, claws biting into his shaking fists. He walks off down the beach...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Alpha (ST)
Alpha (ST)
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Jim Taki
Auspice: -N/A-
Tribe: -N/A-

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:49 pm

-Out of the corners of your eyes you can see a few kinfolk still working at their tasks, every now and then you notice a kinfolk will look up whenever shouting starts up, but quickly looks back down when they've been spotted.-
Back to top Go down
https://vertoinsula.forumotion.com
Carl
Beta (AST)
Beta (AST)
Carl

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:50 pm

Whatever Espen... You think cuz your big and an ahroun you are the only one gets his word in... Realize something, when you call me a runt, I'm a direct descendant from our king, Albrect... I might not agree with everything he says but I'm far from a runt, just cuz your so big doesn't make you the norm. And as for talking about "your people" I was referring to your foolish ass and the foolish force you brought, not your fucking tribe you dimwit, shit like that is why your tribe gets called all brawn, no brains.

And if you EVER threaten me again, I'll end you quicker then you realize, boy. You prove with that very statement why your group failed, you work for yourself, you focus on yourself, and you care not for the whole. Cuz what you don't realize is every one of us, and every kinfolk lost to this potential minor gain so early in venturing in, is a DRAMATIC loss in strength and support. Your acting like a goddamn lick trying to get his way with that threat. If this were a caern, I'm damn sure another garou of higher rank would have smacked you across the face for such stupidity as threatening another garou who is supposed to be united under Luna...

I'm done here, I'm going to go relax, maybe try to catch some food before getting some sleep... But you, you've proven you aren't worth my time big man... I'll be the first one laughing when that creature or another one tears you limb from limb, cuz you don't deserve the blessings gaia and luna gave you if you're so eager to lash out and strike down another of our kind. I could go on but i'd just be repeating myself...

*he walks off ignoring anything else said by the get... Heading down to the water looking for possible fish*
Back to top Go down
Carl
Beta (AST)
Beta (AST)
Carl

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:54 pm

*Before reaching the water he looks at Conall*

I didn't "get away" by the way... He was pissed off and threw me out of what I'd assume was his area when he felt he taught me my lesson... I lived only cuz it let me... Which thankfully I'm glad for, and learned well... Don't fall from 40 feet onto something big enough to throw you 30 feet through forests...
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 pm

Speaking with a smoothing and calm voice, speaking slowly too

"Can we all please just sit down and attempt to talk and be organized here... first of, no more bashing on others.. yes, we are creatures of rage, lets try to control it and the time being, we are beings of nature and spirit as well. Please, let us join hands for a second, lets become one united encampment"

Wait to see if people do so.

"everybody, please listen to my words for a second... take a deep breath, look into the fire and relax, feel the breeze in the air soothing your fur or hair, feel the soft sand under your feet which gaia gave us to walk, feel the heat of the fire in front of us giving us live in the night, listen to the waves of the ocean to our side which washes away the unnecessary rage and give us serenity"

"Now, everybody in a clear mind, can we now talk a little more coherent and with wisdom and reason. Many words this night have been said, some wise, some hurtful. Let us listen to wisdom only and forget the rest for a moment. Jacob has spoken truthfully, we need to start working as a group if we want to survive being in this unknown lands. Conell spoke as well we shall not treat each other with disrespect, and all I'm trying to get across is that whatever actions we take, we think about them first."
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:01 pm

"You'll have to show me where you found the creature on me map, if we avoid it's territory, we might be able to decrease our chances of finding it" He looked over towards Espen. "Pardon me... Oi!" He called out, following after Espen
Back to top Go down
Espen

Espen

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:05 pm

(Espen is not near this scene. If he were to see or hear you at the moment he would most likely reply "Fuck off, I'm not in the mood..." Just letting people know xD He's walking down the beach trying to cool off. People got me spending willpower like candy xD)
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

(Conall ran after him, we'll have a scene in a different topic Razz)
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:14 pm

Sefu stands up and walks towards the kinfolk.

"Gather up for a moment please"

Waits for them to gather.

"As you probably know, I just arrived at was use to the your cearn yesterday. I see there is about 20 of you and I don;t really know what your capabilities are. I have seem several of you help build the structure of the camp, some others dig a hole for the fire pit. Regardless of your skills, you are as many in numbers as the current Garou head count, and you are helping as much as everybody else. In my pack I travel with kinfolk, we know the Garou are stronger, and it is our task to protect you, but we know you are not children and you are helpful as well."

pauses for a second, looks back at the campfire. looks back and continues:

"So, what were your choirs at the cearn? what are you skilled in?"
Back to top Go down
Admin
Alpha (ST)
Alpha (ST)
Admin

Character sheet
Character Name: Jim Taki
Auspice: -N/A-
Tribe: -N/A-

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:28 pm

Burly looking Kinfolk puts down a log and turns sheepishly to face Sefu "I'd be glad to fill y'in on who's best at what and I mean no 'fense by this, but I've seen arguments boil over in this family 'fore" -gestures mildly to those still by the campfire- "and I've learned to stay out of the area and clear of the line of fire 'til things calm down. I can talk to e'ryone else and if I can get a piece 'a paper and somethin' to write with, I can have a list ready by mornin'... If'n that suits you." -he waits for a response-
Back to top Go down
https://vertoinsula.forumotion.com
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:45 pm

Shifts to homid: takes out of his backpack a notepad, rips 1 page out, hands over this page and a pen.

"Me and my pack are typically nomadic, I know how to take care of them. The Garou on this group seem to let their rage take control a little too much. Is this normal a normal occurrence amongst the ones living in the Glades? or at least the young ones? Anyways, I can hope they just let their rage out and hopefully be able to have a conversation. Please do not worry, staying out of 'line of fire' is probably the smartest thing I have heard this night. Finish up your choirs and rest for the night, I'm sure there are many hard working days ahead of us."

Turn back to lupus and goes back to the campfire. Seems the 2 at the beach doing whatever they are doing, sits back around the camp fire with an eye on these 2.
Back to top Go down
Bakamoichigei

Bakamoichigei

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:51 pm

From the beach, it would look like Conall is ..prancing about as if he was attempting to do a version of the Thriller while on trying to stand on his toes
Back to top Go down
Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Kanika-Sefu-Badru

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:17 pm

"brothers and sisters, please, do not be shy. Yes, some Garou have stronger egos, and let their rage show when they shouldn't; but hopefully we now can all calm down and have civil conversation. Please, do speak up and voice your thoughts"
Back to top Go down
Anapu

Anapu

Character sheet
Character Name: Anapu
Auspice: Philodox

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:24 pm

Anapu approaches the campfire, his body shifting from Lupus to Crinos form as he stood by Sefu. He looked over at the other Garou standing around the campfire; a slight snarl escaped his jaws. He overheard the entire argument upon the lost wolves from a few feet away, while tending to his kinfolk, and decided he needed to intervene.

“Well, let’s see if we can do this again. For the night we have shelter for those who need it. I think we have enough room for all of us. We’re not in a state of luxury. What we must focus on is food and water. Now, I’ve heard a couple of good ideas about how to handle the water situation, some involving the Fianna’s ice chest, others going for the use of ocean water. We should decide which method we are going to invest time on so we can begin with the required preparations for the chosen method. As for food, we need a lot of it. Soon. We have some fruits we’ve collected for those of you who want it. I don’t. I need meat, real food. And I can assure you that fruits and coconuts are not going to sustain us in the long run. What we need to do is sent scouting parties into areas not too far off into the jungle to hunt for food. Nothing too far away, I too agree that an expedition deep into unknown territory is completely stupid to do within the second day of arriving. Yet, if we don’t find food soon enough, then it doesn’t matter whether we build silly walls or pick a leader. We’ll all starve and kill each other out of rage and delusion.”

Anapu glanced over to Sefu and said, “If it is okay with both my alpha and those of you who wish to cooperate and survive, I say you allow my pack to travel the skirts of the jungle area in search of nearby prey and other things that may be of use to us. We, as has been said many times before, are well-equipped in traveling in extreme conditions and if there’s one thing we do best… its hunt and work as a team.”

Back to top Go down
TheBlackWolf

TheBlackWolf

Character sheet
Character Name:
Auspice:
Tribe:

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:31 pm

::turns to sefu:: sefu i have an idea. why dont we go as a pack. one of us can stay behind and we can take the get in place of our packmate 3 arhouns is a formidable fighting force.
Back to top Go down
Whispers-to-Spirits

Whispers-to-Spirits

Character sheet
Character Name: Alexandria Courtland
Auspice: Theurge
Tribe: Children of Gaia

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:45 pm

"If we are going to stay put, might I suggest expeditions up and down the coast? If this is a more secure location, with the sea one one side, perhaps it would be both easier and safer to explore in search of food and fresh water. After all, don't rivers run to the sea?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3   Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Around the campfire - downtime between game 2-3
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next